Clean Manhattan Beach. Win prizes. Make a difference.
Join us alongside hundreds of thousands of volunteers all around the world! On September 15th, the world will work together to protect our oceans and our planet. Take action with us!
The Roundhouse Aquarium is working with Heal the Bay to coordinate the Manhattan Beach Pier site. Last year, we had over 300 volunteers in Manhattan Beach alone and we picked up 80 pounds of trash and 35 pounds of recyclables! We’re hoping for an even more successful event this year!
When you register:
- Select “Register”
- Scroll down to “Manhattan County Beach – Pier” for your site, and click “checkout”
- Fill out the additional details (contact info, number of volunteers signing up, and group/organization name) and click “complete registration.”
- Print a safety waiver for every volunteer. You must fill out a waiver in order to participate. Anyone under the age of 18 will need a parent/guardian signature as well.
English Waiver | Spanish Waiver
Prepare for the event ahead of time:
- Reduce Waste by bringing your own gloves, bags, reusable water bottles and supplies.
- Spread the word and invite others to join in the action! Share the event on Facebook.
Use the hashtags #roundhouseaquarium
- Plan your transportation ahead of time. Reduce your biological footprint by carpooling, biking or walking over!
- Where should I meet?
Registration/Check-In will be set up at the base of the pier. We will start checking participants in at 9AM.
- What should I wear?
Comfortable clothing! Bring layers as it can get chilly in the morning and warm up in the afternoon. The majority of the cleanup will be on the beach. Close toed shoes are not mandatory.
- Should I bring anything?
Your signed waiver. We will have waivers available on site as well. English Waiver | Spanish Waiver
If you have your own gloves, bags and cleaning supplies, bring them to reduce waste.
Bring your own re-usable water bottle! Stay hydrated. We will have water available to you as well.
Sunshine or clouds, bring sunscreen and protect yourselves from UV rays!
- How many people do you expect?
Be sure to register ahead of time so we can estimate our total participants. Last year, we had over 300 people attend. In years prior, we’ve reached over 400!
- What are the Golden Sea Stars?
We will have Golden Sea Stars hidden on site. If you find one, you’ll win a prize!
Thanks to Nikau Kai, Shellback Tavern, Marine Layer, Vineyard Vine, and REI for donating prizes for our Golden Sea Stars.
A whale of a thanks to Carla Ramirez Insurance Agency, Inc. for sponsoring our event this year.
Happy Cleaning Everyone!