Event Venue Rental
Perched over the Pacific Ocean at the end of the historic Manhattan Beach Pier, the Roundhouse Aquarium is the perfect setting for your special event.
The Roundhouse Aquarium offers the opportunity to create an event tailored to meet your needs. Whether you’re planning an intimate gathering for a special occasion or a business reception, the Roundhouse offers a unique, yet intimate venue for your event.
Oct to March: 6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
April to Sept: 7:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Maximum number of guests: 40
Format options: Cocktails and hors d’ouvres tray passed, food stations or buffet style
A flat rental fee of $2,500 for four hours, including set up and clean up time. Additional fees apply for additional hours. Fees do not include cost of food, tables, chairs, linens, plates, silverware, security, cleaning, etc.
Payment may be made by check, money order, or credit card (Visa, AMEX, Discover or MC). Personal checks will be accepted for any payment made 90 days prior to your event.
$1,000 per rental, refundable if cancelled 30 days prior to event with written notice. Renters cancelling less than 30-days prior to event date will forfeit all fees associated with the contract.
Renters must provide a certificate of insurance naming the Oceanographic Teaching Stations, Inc. DBA Roundhouse Aquarium Teaching Center as additional insured for $1,000,000 single-limit liability. Event Host must secure a one-time liability insurance not less than $2,000,000 combined single limit for bodily injury with limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate.
If alcohol is being served, proof of $1,000,000 liquor liability is required.
A dedicated staff person will be assigned to coordinate with you and will be onsite during your event. As such, any rented equipment must be dropped off and picked up during rental time. Sorry, but no storage before or after contracted time is allowed.
One Security Officer is required at the host’s expense for events with 20 guests or more.
Renter must comply with all rules and regulations of the City of Manhattan Beach.
This is a non-smoking facility. All events must be held inside the Aquarium and not on the pier.
- Confetti, rice, birdseed, rose petals, & glitter are prohibited as well as the release of balloons. ∙
- Amplified sound is permitted until 10:00 p.m. as this facility is near a residential area.
- Renter may not hang anything from the walls, fire sprinklers, or use tape or staples to secure decorations to the walls or any aquarium assets. Please check with Aquarium staff for decorating guidelines prior to the rental date.
- Broom, dustpan and mop are provided, as well as cleaning supplies and trash bags.
- Renter and/or representative, must clean sinks, counters and all appliances used during rental and must wet mop kitchen floor, sweep patio, and wet mop floor with warm water.
- Renter/or representative must take all trash to the dumpster, located outside of the aquarium.
- There will be no disruption to public use of the pier.
- No driving is permitted on the pier, as is the use of gasoline, acetylene or other combustibles.
- No cooking (other than sterno heating) is permitted.
- No animals are permitted.
- No access is allowed to the office or lab areas.
- No use of plastic straws or bags will be permitted.
- No feeding of fish and other sea specimens in the aquarium is permitted.
- Renter will be charged for any damage to the facility and any costs will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Renter will be billed for costs that exceed the amount of the security deposit.
- Renter must return the facility to its original condition in order to receive a full security deposit refund.
- Refund check will be mailed 4-6 weeks after event.
For more information or to reserve your space, click here.
For more information, contact Dawn Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.