Bring the aquarium to your school with the Roundhouse Aquarium Outreach Van for Education (ROVE)!
One of the greatest aspects of education is that it can take place anywhere. With our Roundhouse Aquarium Outreach Van for Education (ROVE), we can bring the aquarium to your classroom, fairs, festivals, public and corporate events! ROVE offers opportunities for hands-on learning stations on marine science and conservation.
- Discover the rich marine life in Santa Monica Bay
- Learn about the connections between humans and our natural environment
- Understand how our daily actions affect our marine ecosystems
- Explore watershed connectivity and interactions
Participants gain the opportunity to touch marine animals native to the Santa Monica Bay.
For more details about our variety of Offsite/Outreach Programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited grants for qualifying schools are available. Fees apply for other ROVE visits.
Current COVID-19 Protocols for outreach classes
OTS and the Roundhouse Aquarium Teaching Center will be following all Federal, State, County, and Local guidelines set forth by the CDC, DPH, and others. As you know, these recommendations and guidelines change frequently, so the below protocols are subject to change.
- Face coverings worn over the nose and mouth are strongly suggested for all students, teachers, and chaperones over 2 years old while indoors.
- If we are bringing a touch tank, please do not have students use hand sanitizer prior to touching the live animals.
- If your school or district has other masking or testing requirements, we will follow whichever requirements are more stringent.