On Site Classes
Highly engaging, hands-on and informative on-site field trips for students.
At the Roundhouse Aquarium Teaching Center, education is one way we like to connect students to the ocean. We offer a wide variety of onsite learning programs catering to all grade levels. Our programs are flexible and customizable so if there is a particular habitat, animal or topic that you are interested in, please let us know and we will be able to accommodate your request. All our onsite programs offer hands-on learning and are aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
For more details about our variety of Onsite Programs, look for the listings below.
Pricing/funding: Grants are available for qualifying schools. Please contact Dawn@roundhouseaquarium.org for more information on pricing, grants, and booking field trips.
Location: Onsite classes take place in the Roundhouse Aquarium, at the end of the Manhattan Beach pier.
When: Onsite classes run Monday-Friday between 9am and 12pm. Class length is customizable within this time frame.
Current COVID-19 Protocols for On-site classes
OTS and the Roundhouse Aquarium Teaching Center will be following all Federal, State, County, and Local guidelines set forth by the CDC, Department of Public Health, and others. As you know, these recommendations and guidelines change frequently, so the below protocols are subject to change.
- Face coverings worn over the nose and mouth are requires for all students, teachers, and chaperones over 2 years old.
- Face coverings must be worn the entire field trip, including inside the Roundhouse, on the pier, and at the beach.
- Our staff will also be wearing face coverings.
- Temperature checks will be conducted prior to students, teachers, and chaperones entering the Roundhouse. If a person’s temperature registers at over 100 after 2 tries, he/she will not be allowed on the field trip.
- Any student or chaperone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to wait outside (student with a chaperone) during the rest of the field trip
- We will be structuring our curriculum to allow for increased distancing inside and outside the Roundhouse.
- If your school is conducting COVID testing, and therefor only negative students, teachers, and chaperones will be attending the field trip, please let us know ahead of time. Masks will still be required.
- We are currently only accepting groups of 40 or fewer people, including the teachers and chaperones. There should be a maximum of 5 adults on the field trip.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the aquarium.
- Please note: The touch tank is currently a viewing only tank. Hand sanitizer is deadly for the animals.