Time to get into the summer spirit and find a great excuse to have fun under the sun! Enter the Sunsational Sandcastle Contest to raise critical funds for the Roundhouse Aquarium’s Education Programs. The sky is the limit for this contest!
Build your sandcastle on your own time at any location. Not near a beach? No problem! You can build it at the nearest park or sandbox.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DETAILS:
- Application, fee, and photo submission deadline is July 6th at 11PM.
- Cost to enter the sandcastle contest: $30
- Fun prizes await the winning entry for each category
- Voting will take place online from July 9-18th. Winners will be named on July 21st. We will send out the voting link after July 6th when all entries have been entered.
High Tide Award
SEA-sational Splash Award
Best ocean themed sand castle
Creative Claws Award
Most creative sand castle
We Otter Stick Together Award
Most team spirit
Voting will take place online. Detailed directions will be announced on July 9th. You can vote for a winner in each category for a $10 donation!
- You must be 18 to register your team, however participants of all ages are welcome to participate.
- Use of photo editing or enhancing software (photoshop, etc) will disqualify you from the contest.
- You must ensure your sculpture is family friendly. Anything deemed inappropriate by OTS/Roundhouse Aquarium will automatically be removed from the contest.
- No refunds, please remember this is for charity.
- Voting will be conducted online. For a $10 donation you can vote for an entry in each category. You may donate to vote as many times as you like.
- You can only win in one category, though you can be voted for in multiple categories (one total prize per entry).
- You must fill out the registration form and pay the entry fee by July 6th at 11PM
- You must upload one (1) photo by July 6th at 11PM. The electronic form will be sent to you in an email after your registration form is submitted. Only 1 photo file is allowed per entry. You can submit a collage of different angles as long as it is saved as 1 photo file.
SANDCASTLE BUILDING RULES:
- Sand sculpture is to be made from sand and water only. No additives of any kind (sugar, dye, flour, glue, paint, etc) may be used. You may not use supports for your sculpture, it must be self standing.
- Hand tools (buckets, shovels, rakes, trowels, etc) only. No mechanical tools may be used in building or carving sculpture. Sprayers to keep sand moist are acceptable. Forms and aids may be used for construction but must be removed before taking your entry photo(s).
- Only objects found naturally on the beach (shells, seaweed, feathers) may be used in the sculpture. “Foreign” objects found on beach may not be used. Please be sure to leave the shells and other items on the beach when you leave!
- Any materials brought to beach must be removed after contest. Please help keep our beaches clean.